Modern Medicaid Alliance Increases Reach and Influence with New Members
WASHINGTON – The Modern Medicaid Alliance – a coalition of leaders committed to Medicaid and the people it serves – continues to grow in reach, reputation, and impact. Last fall, the Alliance began with 27 committed organizations and associations. Because of the focus on Medicaid in Washington and the impact that the Alliance has had in key states across the country, the Alliance is nearly 50 strong today. We are pleased to add the expertise, experience, and passion of our newest members.
- The Association of People Supporting Employment First – the only national organization with an exclusive focus on integrated employment and career advancement opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Health Care Transformation Task Force – an industry consortium that brings together patients, payers, providers and purchasers to align private and public sector efforts to clear the way for a sweeping transformation of the U.S. health care system.
- Mental Health America – the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans.
- National Association of Counties brings county officials together to advocate with a collective voice on national policy, exchange ideas and build new leadership skills, pursue transformational county solutions, enrich the public’s understanding of county government, and exercise exemplary leadership in public service.
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners – the professional association for pediatric nurse practitioners (PNPs) and all pediatric-focused advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs), with more than 8,500 members.
- Pharmacy Quality Alliance – a non-profit alliance with over 200 member organizations that collaboratively promotes appropriate medication use and develops strategies for measuring and reporting performance information related to medications.
- United Cerebral Palsy – an organization with 80+ affiliates that work to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with a broad range of disabilities by providing services and support to more than 176,000 children and adults every day.
“We are proud to join the Modern Medicaid Alliance and raise awareness of the many ways that Americans benefit from the modern Medicaid program,” said Ellie Collinson, Chief Program Officer for United Cerebral Palsy. “More than 20% of Americans including people living with disabilities are covered by Medicaid and we must ensure the program’s innovative approaches to caring for this diverse population are protected.”
“Counties provide the local health safety net, and in many cases, are required by law to provide health care to those who can’t afford it,” said Matthew Chase, executive director of the National Association of Counties. “We support reforms to make Medicaid even more efficient and focused on those with the greatest need, including older adults, people with disabilities and children. We look forward to working with the Modern Medicaid Alliance and policymakers to strengthen our nation’s health system, improving health outcomes and access to care while being responsible stewards of local taxpayer dollars.”
Additionally, the Alliance welcomes the support of several local chambers of commerce, representing businesses across the country. These chambers of commerce recognize the valuable contributions Medicaid beneficiaries make to our economy and the importance of keeping hard-working Americans healthy. The chambers include:
- Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce / Associated Industries of Arkansas – the leading voice for business at the State Capitol and serves as the primary business advocate on all issues affecting Arkansas employers.
- Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce – the largest association of businesses in the state of Arizona, and one of the largest in the Southwestern United States, with more than 2,900 business members.
- Las Vegas Latin Chamber of Commerce – the premier advocate for the Hispanic business, cultural and educational community in Nevada.
- Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce – an organization dedicated to serving the business community and beyond to help grow our community.
“Medicaid provides valuable health care services and resources to working families, children, the disabled, and other populations here in Arizona and across the country,” said Todd Sanders, President & CEO of the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. “For the business community, Medicaid is an important program to provide for a healthy workforce, reduce the hidden health care tax on employers and ensure that hard-working families are able to access the care needed to stay active and contribute to the economy.”
About the Modern Medicaid Alliance: The Modern Medicaid Alliance is a group of organizations, grassroots advocates, and Medicaid beneficiaries that educate policymakers and the public about the benefits of Medicaid to the American people. The Modern Medicaid Alliance highlights how Medicaid’s innovative solutions are improving health and saving resources with the goal of ensuring the benefits and best practices of today’s Medicaid program help as many of the program’s 70 million beneficiaries as possible.
For Immediate Release
June 27, 2017
Contact: Rebecca Schieber