The Modern Medicaid Alliance (MMA) is proud to partner with organizations like the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) who are dedicated to protecting the health and well-being of Americans.
As a leading public education organization committed to reducing suffering and death from cancer, ACS CAN advocates to improve access to quality, affordable health care for Americans and families affected by cancer. The organization engages legislators, hosts events, educates policymakers and the public, and activates allies and volunteers.
ACS CAN has become a strong advocate for the Medicaid program as well. Their Medicaid Covers US initiative – launched in April 2019 – seeks to create a conversation about Medicaid’s important role to our families, friends, and communities. This public education campaign is funded by the American Cancer Society (ACS) through a grant provided by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, as well as funds provided by ACS and ACS CAN. ACS and ACS CAN are investing additional funding to support the public education effort and ongoing advocacy work across the country.
The public education initiative offers a variety of compelling resources to foster conversations about the vital impact Medicaid has on the beneficiaries, health care providers and communities who rely on it. These resources are available on the Medicaid Covers US resource page and feature:
- An interactive storybook which spotlights Medicaid’s value through personal stories
- A messaging toolkit to equip supporters with tools they can use to better communicate about Medicaid’s positive impact
- Social graphics and infographics to spotlight Medicaid’s important role on social media
- A Medicaid 101 explainer that showcases the crucial role the program plays in serving low-income Americans
- A polling memo which demonstrates the strong support for the Medicaid program
The Medicaid Covers US initiative also released the documentary “Critical Condition: Stories of Health in the Heartland.” The film shares personal stories about the impact of Medicaid on the lives of Americans with severe or life-threatening health conditions. A second documentary is currently in the works set to release later this year.
For more information about the exciting work our national partners are doing across the country, visit: www.ModernMedicaid.org/about/.